Lead Game Designer
Black Shamrock is seeking an experienced Lead Game Designer to join our Dublin team. Successful candidates will be working on a variety of exciting projects and collaborating with many other teams across the globe.
Candidates need to have a proven track record in game design and leadership, with a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis. They will contribute to developing the design team and improving our creative process. Our ideal candidate would be experienced in creating various content and systems, and have the ability to share this knowledge and experience with the rest of the team. Finally, candidates need a strong passion for games of many genres.
What you will be doing
- Support the game vision, as set by the Creative Director(s) and stakeholders.
- Take responsibility, while working as part of the design team, for the complete design cycle for content, gameplay features and progression mechanics, from paper design to final implementation.
- Work with the design team in creating design related documents which provide clear and detailed breakdowns of features and product status to other teams.
- Engage with the production team to plan and set priorities for the design team and ensure that all work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Conduct performance reviews and help set development goals for the design team members.
Skills you will need
- A minimum of 5 years experience in games design on PC/console titles, with at least 2 of those years acting in a senior / lead role on a released title.
- Production experience using game engines, tools and pipelines as well as the scripting layer associated with them (i.e. Blueprints)
- Experience in a leadership role, where your tasks included assigning work to members of your team and being involved in the hiring and performance review process of your team.
- Extensive knowledge of current games, industry standards and trends
- Fluent in both written and spoken english.
Skills that strengthen your application
- Industry experience working in Unreal engine, its pipelines and blueprints.
- Worked in a design capacity on an RPG style game in a senior / lead capacity
- Can demonstrate the ability to successfully work and manage a team when remote working is required.
- Been involved in large scale projects requiring collaboration between multiple studios / teams in different locations.