Senior Django Developer
MEG is on a mission to drive a culture of Quality Improvement in Healthcare. With UX at the core of everything we do, we are creating innovative technology solutions for frontline healthcare workers, primarily to improve quality standards and patient safety.
Already working with world-leading hospitals around the world, MEG is continuing its expansion to include both local and international markets. We are hiring new members to our team to help us on this journey.
The full-time role is to start immediately and on a remote working basis, providing flexibility and a work/life balance that suits you. We encourage our team members to take an active role in developing their own skills and give them plenty of autonomy and support to do so.
ABOUT THE JOB
We require a senior developer to support the future growth of our development team, support our clients in integrating with MEG’s platform and of course, write software. Our main product is composed of a Django web application deployed in Azure-managed Kubernetes which exposes a REST API consumed by an Angular application. The angular application is compiled to Android, iOS and Windows using Apache Cordova. The Django application also has its own frontend.
The majority of your work will relate to python development of the Django application, along with some angular work for the frontend application. We’re a small but relatively fast moving development team, who deploy frequently on a continuous basis and optimise the product incrementally based on customer feedback. You will be supported by the customer success team and fellow developers who act as a conduit between you and the customer to help you best understand the requirements of any particular task. This role reports directly to the CTO.
- Develop MEG’s range of clinical support Apps & Websites for the health tech industry.
- Contribute PEP8 compliant, typed, efficient python code to the Django codebase.
- Work on the Angular app in Typescript.
- Ensure that your code has full test coverage and work with QA to take each task to completion.
- Manage integrations to third party systems.
- Taking part in stand-up meetings with our design and development team.
- Support customer integrations with MEG’s REST API, SAML, LDAP and other technologies.
- 5 years Software Engineering experience
- Strong experience working with Python to develop robust and efficient software
- Experience integrating with third party systems
- Experience working with datasets using Pandas library
- Experience of using version control software such as Git or similar
- Experience with any of the following is a distinct advantage: SAML / LDAP / HL7
- Ability to work on your own initiative is important as we’re a remote first team.
NICE TO HAVE
- iOS (swift), Android, Kubernetes
Dependent on the applicant’s experience.
- 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- Opportunities for flexible working hours, encouraging everyone to have a healthy work-life balance
- Company-funded social events
- For employees who choose to work in the office, MEG offers cycle-to work and public transport commuter schemes and encourages employees to take part
- Investment into your professional development and opportunities for career progression
- Comfortable office space in co-working environment in Dublin city for those who prefer hybrid or office-based working arrangements
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach
We are a global team with a global mindset. Cherishing and protecting diversity is core to our company culture. We are always looking to diversify the talent in our team. If you feel you don’t quite meet all the criteria in the job spec but have the potential to do the role, we’d still love to hear from you.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or to submit an application
Phone (Ire): +353 (0)1 697 1579
Phone (UK): +44 (0)20 3322 5406