Smart D8 initiative makes call for pilot projects to address needs of Dublin 8 community
Smart D8 is seeking innovative pilot projects that address areas of Mental Health, Population Health Management and Covid-19 Impact. Deadline for submissions: 28/04/21
Smart D8 is an initiative to improve the health and wellbeing of citizens in Dublin 8 through collaboration and innovation. The Dublin 8 area, with The Digital Hub and a number of Ireland’s leading hospitals, research institutes and a vibrant start-up community already well established make it the ideal location for a Smart District focused on the health and wellbeing of citizens. In late 2020, a Smart D8 Community Survey was launched to capture the needs and priorities of the local community.
Based on these findings, the Smart D8 partners are now seeking innovative pilot projects that address three key areas:
Mental Health – Focused Call
- Innovative approaches to managing mental health for individuals. Tools to support good mental health in the community including diagnostic, preventative, treatment, support and management solutions.
Population Health Management – Focused Call
- Chronic Disease Management solutions that will allow people to manage their chronic health conditions in the community.
- General Preventative Health solutions that can be implemented in a community setting to maintain good health and wellbeing.
Covid-19 Impact – Open Call
- An open call for innovative and scalable solutions that will address the impact of Covid-19 on the health and wellbeing of the community in Dublin 8.
Who Should Apply?
The pilot call is open to all public and private sector organisations, companies and academia who:
- Offer innovative and scalable products, services or devices.
- Provide new practices/solutions/perspectives that address an unmet need in the community.
- Have a solution that is ready for deployment within the next 6 months as a pilot initiative that will commence in 2021.
- Provide a solution that can be enabled by a co-creation and collaborative approach.
- Opportunity to pilot and demonstrate the scalability of your offering in a community setting.
- Access to a unique collaborative ecosystem with established clinical, academic, public and private sector engagement.
- Funding support available for selected pilots.
- Project management support.
- Marketing and promotion support.
- Access to free workspace in Dublin 8 during the pilot period.
- Companies must submit a completed application form available at https://smartdublin.ie/smart-districts/smart-d8/
- Pilot Call opens on 10/03/2021 and closes for applications at midnight on 28/04/2021.
- Your submission will be reviewed by Smart D8 and an expert panel. A shortlist of applicants will be selected, and shortlisted companies will be asked to make a presentation.
- An update on the call outcome will be provided to all applicants on 19.05.2021.
This is the first call for pilot projects and additional calls will be made over the course of this two-year initiative. To keep up to date please subscribe to the Smart D8 mailing list at https://smartdublin.ie/smart-districts/smart-d8/
Or contact the Smart D8 Programme Manager:
Orla Veale – email@example.com
About Smart D8
Smart D8 is a collaborative initiative with the purpose of investigating how new and innovative approaches can be used to improve citizens’ health and wellbeing in Dublin 8. The Smart D8 District brings together local authorities, academia, healthcare, local community and industry in a partnership model to address real world issues. The Digital Hub, Smart Dublin, Dublin City Council and St. James’s Hospital are joined by HSE Digital Transformation, Tyndall National Institute, St Patrick’s Mental Health Services, Trinity Research & Innovation, Trinity Translational Medicine Institute, National College of Art & Design, Guinness Enterprise Centre and Health Innovation Hub Ireland as partners in this unique initiative.
Smart D8 has engaged with the local Dublin 8 community to identify the major issues faced in terms of health and wellbeing and will develop an ecosystem of innovation and collaboration where solutions can be developed to address these issues. https://smartdublin.ie/smart-districts/smart-d8/