MODOS Training for Tourism & Hospitality Businesses
The Digital Hub is teaming up with Dublin City Council and the Waste Management Plan Lead Authority (WMPLA) to offer a MODOS programme tailored for tourism and hospitality businesses, and businesses who support the sector, both here in Dublin 8 and the wider city.
MODOS is a circular economy training programme for micro, small and medium size enterprises. The circular economy is all about shifting business away from the current ‘take-make-waste’ approach to a more efficient and environmentally sustainable future where products, components and materials are kept in use for as long as possible. Supply and production chains in the circular economy operate in ‘closed-loops’ making them less wasteful and more resilient and saving businesses and customers money.
Adopting circular economy principles can help your business:
- Save money, reduce waste, and increase resilience
- Boost competitive advantage and brand reputation
- Unlock new business opportunities that also help the environment
The MODOS Training for Tourism & Hospitality Businesses offers:
- Four weekly modules of online learning starting in October
- Modules focused on regulations and policy, sustainable financing, adapting your supply chain, greening your operations, and customer expectations.
- Learn with the aid of relevant case studies
- A follow-up one-on-one mentoring session with industry professionals
- Course cost €75 per participant
Who is this training programme suitable for?
This MODOS training programme is particularly targeted at small and medium tourism enterprises and businesses in the city and is also intended to encourage businesses to work with each other to put the Circular Economy and Sustainability at the heart of the city’s tourism offer.
Dublin MODOS Programme Schedule
- Circular Economy 101 – Wed. 13th October from 9.30 to 13.30
- CE in your supply chain – Wed. 20th October from 9.30 to 13.30
- CE in your operations – Wed. 3rd November from 9.30 to 13.30
- CE and customer engagement – Wed. 10th November from 9.30 to 13.30
- Close-out (1 hour wrap up) – Fri. 19th November from 9.30 to 10.30
Following the training session, the trainers can provide a 1-hour face-to-face mentoring with participants to discuss the learning outcomes and how it might be applied to their business.
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the Application Form to register your interest.
Here are some of the Questions & Answers on the programme.
For any other enquiries or questions about the MODOS Dublin 8 programme, please contact email@example.com